Ingredion Incorporated is a leading global ingredient solutions provider to the food, beverage, brewing and pharmaceutical industries as well as numerous industrial sectors. We are committed to supplying our customers with quality, innovative ingredient solutions that are on trend and in demand. Headquartered in the Chicago suburb of Westchester, Illinois, we turn corn, tapioca, potatoes and other raw materials into a myriad of ingredients. With more than 11,000 employees around the world, we serve customers in more than 60 diverse markets in over 100 countries.
Each day, we live our Company Values—Safety, Quality, Integrity, Respect, Excellence and Innovation—so that we may create enduring, mutual value for our customers, business associates, communities, colleagues and shareholders. At Ingredion we want each person to feel part of a globally connected team that’s inspired to achieve.
We have an opportunity for a Business Development Coordinator - Segment in our office in São Paulo
- This role is responsible for: Develop and support execution of annual and long term marketing plans to drive profitable growth in the segment. Partner with the sales team to strengthen the relationships at selected customers by being a dedicated resource and subject matter expert within the segment. Identify opportunities for new products and services and support market development initiatives to deliver segment growth objectives.
Other key deliverables and responsibilities include:
- Marketing Strategy Development and Execution- Understand the segment, its customers, drivers and competitors in order to support the development of marketing plans for the segment. Develop business plans to support identified growth opportunities. Monitor industry and consumer trends within assigned segment, implementing opportunistic or corrective action as appropriate.
- Business/ Operations Planning - Work with Go To Market team to deliver segment Goal plan.
- Management of Marketing Campaigns – In conjunction with Marketing Communications team, manage development and execution of approved marketing campaigns for the segment in support of segment strategy. Coordinate development of communication content for sales support materials and presentation aids, among other tools.
Agility and Innovation
- New Products and Market Development - Identify new product opportunities and lead related projects.
- Business Insights - Monitor relevant market conditions and identify short and longer term opportunities to capture value by refining the marketing messages and/or value propositions to drive sales.
- Differentiation versus competitive offer - Develop keen awareness of competitive strategy in the Segment. Look to continuously improve and thus differentiate the Ingredion total product offer.
Relationships and People
- Team Approach - Establishes excellent working rapport with all groups and individuals that support the Business. Establish open and collaborative relationship with other Ingredion marketers.
- Maturity - Maintains composure and clarity of thought. Works to deliver results for the business in an inclusive and open manner
- Networks - Maintains both internal and external network of relationships to support the delivery of business results.
- Lead by influence – coordinate multifunctional teams in projects and segment workgroups teams to accomplish results by influence
- Work with another affiliates to deliver Marketing Plan
Knowledge, Skills, and Requirements:
- Degree in business, marketing, engineering or similar field and good experience in a B2B environment.
- Experience within the Ingredients industry in a Sales, Marketing or Technical capacity preferred.
- Demonstrated analytical and strategic business skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively in teams in a highly matrixed environment.
- Computer literacy with Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Outstanding written and oral communication and presentation skills.
- Team player, able to operate on the basis of influence and persuasion vs. direct authority.
- Able to manage multiple priorities and interact with multiple functions
- Fluent in English and intermediate Spanish
Desired behavior, personal attributes:
Interpersonal Effectiveness / Teamwork / Leadership by influence / Customer Focus / Innovation Management / Learning Agility / Ability to deal with ambiguity