Manager Internal Communications, South America
The Internal Communications Manager, South America, supports the development of an internal communications strategy, delivery vehicles and content to drive understanding and achievement of the business strategy and support a positive, well-adapted company culture.
Reports to: Vice President Human Resources, South America
Key Deliverables & Responsibilities
- Works with HR and regional business leadership team clients to develop and execute communication plans and create messaging and materials to support business initiatives, cultural evolution and change enablement efforts.
- Writes, edits and produces regional news and organization change announcements for internal use across a range of media.
- Assembles, writes and edits compelling executive employee presentations and produces the live events from a technical standpoint. Advises presenters on delivery and presence.
- Produces or supports larger internal events, including business conferences, community service activities and other live events that require communications support.
- Supports HR in the communication of the Employee Value Proposition that positions Ingredion as an attractive company to work for and in any employee engagement initiatives.
- Help to shape key outreach/talent acquisition events which exemplify and communicate Ingredion’s brand values
- Advise on event planning to improve audience experience and ensure the communication of key messages and appropriate brand values
- Measures the effectiveness of regional internal communications on an ongoing basis and makes recommendations to improve.
- Brings in best practice approaches to Internal Communications from other organizations and industries, especially in the digital and social media sphere.
- Collaborates with Corporate Internal Communications to leverage existing channels, competencies, and production and proofing processes for efficiency, accuracy and effectiveness in regional communications. Creates concepts and materials with an eye toward use in other regions.
Knowledge, Skills, and Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in Journalism, Communications, Public Relations or English
- Five or more years of work in corporate or marketing communications roles, ideally with an internal communications component in complex organizations
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills as well as strong copyediting and proof-reading skills. A hands-on communicator that can write effectively, accurately and with speed.
- Successful track record in developing and implementing communications strategies and measuring their effectiveness
- Experience in advising senior managers on complex internal communications challenges, presentation delivery and executive presence.
- Some design sense and skill in production of visuals, including slides, posters, video and digital media as well as experience purchasing these services as well.
- Strong project management skills and the ability to handle multiple projects and clients simultaneously
- Flexible, positive and responsive and works well on own initiative. Strong desire to please the client while also producing compelling messaging and content for employees.
- A knowledge and understanding of media, including social media
- Ability to build and leverage productive cross-functional relationships
- External corporate communications experience in a public company a plus
Desired behavior, personal attributes, (Leaders Imperatives Drivers And Competencies)
- Build Great Talent Create: a talent culture founded on a strong conviction that superior talent delivers superior results; they scout to find the best people, drive performance, coach transparently, and build strong teams globally
- Create Competitive Edge: Push to continually drive for personal and organizational results, make timely decisions that benefit Ingredion globally, take educated risks on business opportunities, and benchmark external best practices to outperform the competition
- Drive Customer-Focused Mindsets: Create shared value and mutual growth by engaging customers* in developing solutions to make Ingredion their partner of choice
- Inspire Bold Innovation: Challenge the status quo and promote bold thinking in order to create value in new ways across customers, processes, products and solutions to stay relevant and competitive in changing markets