Sr Ingredient Applications Engineer, Confectionery
Mogi Guaçu, Brazil
Provide technical support, expedite the developments, leverage successful experiences and disseminate knowledge of ingredient application technology related to ingredients for the segment market throughout the South America affiliates. This professional will work in close collaboration with marketing, sales, analytical and regulatory support areas of the affiliates and also from corporate.
Manager, Ingredient Application - South America
· Lead activities related to the application work and new project development;
· Independently (in close alignment with manager) support internal clients (Business and Marketing areas from all affiliates) in application and customer visits to the center;
· Independently (in close alignment with manager and affiliate business team) support customer projects and trials including trials at customers facilities;
· Responsible for Confectionery pilot facility including maintenance (corrective and preventative) of equipment in the Pilot Plant;
· Lead Confectionery efforts in customer innovation events.
Agility and Innovation
· Provide technical support, guidance and prioritization in the application of corn wet milling and other agricultural based ingredients in confectionery;
· Understand and use Ingredion capabilities that enable project and customer success (e.g. Sensory, Rheology and Culinology) – according to the Confectionery business strategy.
· Provide leadership and support for internal innovation events;
· Identify and develop new capability and techniques for the Confectionery segment.
· Operating in the environment of cooperation and information collection sharing;
· Lead training for internal teams and customers;
· Develop and deliver requested samples to support trade shows;
· Provide technical leadership in regional segment workgroup activities;
· Support regulatory affairs demand with technical insight;
· Keep Operational Procedures updated;
· Standardize methods.
· Experience in Confectionery segment;
· Desirable knowledge in the use of corn refined products in the segment of responsibility;
· Technical knowledge and familiarity with Ingredion process and products;
· Bachelor’s degree in Food, Chemistry, or applicable physical science or equivalent experience;
· Good knowledge of Office (Power Point, Excel and email);
· Fluency in English is required, Advanced level of Spanish is desirable.
· Ability to conduct hands on laboratory work with high level of independence;
· Results-oriented thinking;
· Innovation focus- creative problem solving;
· Strong interpersonal communications skills- oral and written;
· Teamwork and collaboration.