Product Manager - Sweetener
Provide product leadership for the sweetener portfolio in South America to ensure profitable growth and near-term profitability for Core and Specialty products. Attain strong product line performance by working across geographical and organizational lines with functions including Sales, Manufacturing, Marketing, Idea Labs, Regulatory, Quality, and Supply Chain.
Reports to: Vice President Supply Chain, South America
- Analyze detailed profitability per product and customer that includes special costing and customized orders; provide recommendations to the business for improving profitability
- Lead the review of the main contracts with the sales organization to assure profitability
- Analyze integrated regional profitability for exported products relative to domestic sales, ensuring regional profit optimization
- Represent the product line in the S&OP process. Lead the Product Review meeting with Product Manager – Sweeteners as part of the integrated S&OP process
- Optimize SKU portfolio balancing customer needs and supply chain complexity
- Define and implement plans for products being discontinued or considered for end-of-life
Product Portfolio Strategy:
- Establish short and long term strategies, value proposition, and goals for product line. Lead the development and execution of product line business plans with the Go-to-Market team (Sales, Marketing, and Technology) while ensuring adequate issue prioritization.
- Build and maintain a SWOT analysis and competitive analysis, including market share, for product line
- Bring new products and/or product or packaging changes to market by analyzing proposed products, preparing return-on-investment analyses, and leading implementation plan with internal stakeholders
Go-to-Market Product Line Support:
- Support the Go-to-Market team and key customers as the subject matter expert for the product line, including pricing, general market information, value proposition, and specific requests to support the sales process.
- Work with Go-to-Market and Manufacturing to define and improve requirements and specifications for existing and new products
- Coordinate South America´s activities related Global Supply Chain´s PIN code alignment project
Agility and Innovation
- Closely monitor the sales and innovation pipeline for the product line
- Work with the Segment teams to integrate product strategies into segment plans to drive Specialties growth and profitability optimization
- Lead cross-functional processes/teams to identify and execute process improvement opportunities.
Relationships and People
- Act as the ambassador for the product line by communicating and facilitating collaboration across functional areas and borders to ensure execution of the product line Goal and Operating Agenda
Knowledge, Skills, and Requirements
- Degree qualified (Technical, Business, or Supply chain); Postgraduate Diploma desired
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in Product Management and /or Go-to-Market, Customer interfacing role
- Ability to analyze, evaluate and provide recommendations regarding new products or product changes. In depth knowledge of product costing, contribution, and other financial measures used to develop customer pricing and understand drivers of profitability.
- Analytical rigor, strong numerical skills; high level or proficiency with BW and Excel
- Strong written, verbal communication and presentation skills. Must be able to convey information in a clear, focused, and concise manner.
- Proven ability to work across organizational lines to solve problems and implement plans through the cooperation of others
- Demonstrated ability to lead projects
- Ability to thrive in a high performance environment
- Ambitious to learn and try new things
- Flexible, responsive and works well on own initiative
- Fluency in both English and Spanish
Desired behavior, personal attributes, (Leaders Imperatives Drivers And Competencies)
- Strategic thinking and ability to design and articulate a compelling product line strategy
- Technical competence and ability to gain credibility in highly technical environment (manufacturing, customers)
- Drive for results, establishes high performance goals and standards
- Able to drive major programs
- Able to withstand pressure
Relocation Available: Yes – Relocation within Region Considered