Regional Regulatory Manager
São Paulo (Brazil)
Other locations could be considered, depending on the candidate
Serve as key regulatory contact for progressing all regulatory activities for South America Affiliates. Activities consist of new product approvals and registrations, customer support for regulatory approvals, supporting internal initiatives for regulatory compliance including aligning efforts for regulatory consultants employed by Ingredion, aligning South America initiatives with the global team (PARA), participating in key regulatory initiatives with South American regulatory bodies, monitoring and highlighting changes in legislation and regulation that impact the business and participating in developing an action plan to address these. Provides regulatory support to execute external stakeholder engagement, as well maintain the relation with the regulatory local agencies.
Innovation Director - South America – Direct Report
Brazil Legal Counsel – Dotted Line
This position does not have direct reports, but will supervise local Regulatory function activities and the regional network of consultants for this function in the Region.
· Work closely with the business to obtain and maintain full compliance with all Government Regulations and Ingredion Guidelines for both domestic and export markets. These are included all regulatory review through Ingredion systems and relevant government liaison e.g. licensing, registration, labeling etc.
· Conduct regulatory review on new products and changes of existing products to obtain and maintain full compliance. Provide regulatory support for potential products in new business
Agility and Innovation
· Identify business opportunities currently limited by legislation and prioritize key initiatives to allow Ingredion to strategically explore these opportunities
· Conduct all regulatory approval processes for new global or local products across all countries in South America.
· Understand customers’ need and support the Technical Service and sales teams regarding Ingredion products’ legality, safety and quality.
Review customer assurance statements, customer questionnaires or product liability clauses and takes precautionary measure in avoiding legal liability.
· Build networks through government bodies or associations or equivalent bodies or customer regulatory persons to ensure that existing and upcoming regulations either issued by local or central governments are shaped to meet Ingredion standards. These are included:
- Manage new various petitions, primarily for existing chemicals and processing aids used for producing Ingredion product line and food/pharma applications until they are approved.
- Work with internal quality team as well as the relevant government bodied and/or association to set up the safety and quality standards of products both food and non-food.
· Consolidate and manage key regulatory consulting companies in each country aiming at optimizing resources.
· Anticipate regulatory changes and influence authorities for a) Mitigate any potential negative impact or b) identify any new business opportunities.
· Bachelor’s degree in, Food Science, Biological Sciences, Food Engineering; Chemical Engineering; Chemistry; Pharmacy or related fields
· Familiar with Food Science regulatory, guidelines and requirements for licensing and product registration
· Ability to weigh benefits and risks as well as can create a value proposition on Investment from networking efforts with internal stakeholders and external influencing bodies
· Strong background in either Food, Chemicals or Pharmaceutical
· Advanced in English and Spanish communication.
· Systematic thinking and well organized. Be proactive. Fast learning. Self-motivated. Have good discipline.
· Able to interface with senior management levels and gain their recognition as an expert in the field; able to see beyond Regulatory’ perspective in relate to industry, business, market and behavior
· Good interpersonal and influencing skills.
· Strong leadership, influencing and team building skills.
· Willingness to travel 30% internationally.
| || |